Last updated: Jul 05, 2021
Privacy demands a joint effort between companies and users. We have strong security measures in place to protect your information, but we need you to be careful with your privacy as well.
CASTELATTO resolutely upholds Federal Act No. 13709/18 – the General Data Protection Act of Brazil. Your personal information is safe with us. We do not sell or market information that could identify you nor do we use or ask, for any purpose, for data that is deemed to be sensitive under the General Data Protection Act.
Moreover, we do not share or otherwise transfer your personal information to third parties except for the purpose of maintaining our relationship with you after you interact with our virtual environments and the methods we use to serve you, such as: service providers (third parties we hire to provide a service under our instructions), business partners, other companies in our group, authorized users and competent authorities, and even then only to the extent needed to better meet your demands.
How we collect data:
- When you sign up as a consumer or business partner;
- From reliable sources (service providers or business partners whom we work with, credit bureaus, government agencies, etc.);
- From registration forms on our websites, such as: find a store, contact, subscribe to our newsletter, and marketing communication forms.
What data is collected:
- Your full legal name;
- Your taxpayer identification number (CPF);
- Your date of birth;
- Your occupation;
- Contact and delivery information (telephone number, mailing address, email address, etc.);
- Property and financial data in specific cases and only when offering credit.
Your personal data is used for different purposes depending on the situation it was collected from.
How we use the data we collect:
- For tax and financial records of sales transactions: issuing electronic invoices, electronic bills of lading, bank-issued invoices, etc.;
- To prevent fraud, abuse and crime with a view to ensuring your safety and the sustainability of the entire ecosystem;
- To protect your rights and the rights of other partners or the rights of our company;
- To comply with the obligations and legal requirements set out by competent authorities;
- To reply to your inquiries and to hear suggestions;
- To send out informational and marketing content related to our products and the way we operate.
You have the right to access, update and correct your data, and the right to the confidentiality of your personal information. If we make any changes to the way we process your data, we will notify you by our regular channels, such as email or messaging, using the applications on our platforms. In case we require your consent, we will use these same means to notify you and so you may decide whether to give your consent.
You are free to disable cookies and web beacons or unsubscribe to our mailing list for promotional emails at any time you want. However, if you disable these technologies, you may not be able to make full use of the resources we offer.
If you have any complaints about the way we process your personal data, please contact our Head of Personal Data Protection at: firstname.lastname@example.org